Life gets hectic. We know. It’s easy to get caught up in the craziness of it. Your body, mind and soul get disconnected and you find that you are slowly losing yourself. When you hit this point, it’s one of the worst feelings in the world. The good news is you have the freedom of “choice.” It’s when you decide to make better decisions for yourself, which ultimately lead you to finding happiness. It’s what we call a “detox.” No, it doesn’t involve lemonade, vinegar and sugar cookies… They’re steps you need to consciously take in order to find happiness.
- Ask yourself, what are the negative elements in your life holding you back? What or maybe whom is it that you identify as toxic? Once you’ve found the source of negativity, release it! If it’s a someone, confront them! If it’s a something, get rid of it!
- Identify what gives you peace. Is it spending time with your loved ones? Going on a walk? Or is it simply to just be? Whatever brings you peace, add a small increment of it daily to make a significant impact.
- Stay positive and disregard the negative. It’s easy to say “look on the brighter side,” but it’s something to really do it. Is the glass half empty or half full? Find yourself with a problem? Find a solution. Worrying can only do so much.
- Express gratitude. There are so many things to be grateful for. It could be for the little things like sunshine or the big things like an amazing family and a great group of friends. Identify what it is you’re grateful for.
- Give yourself a pep talk. Daily. Yes, when you look in the mirror, tell yourself that you are awesome. Recognize that there is only one you and you have purpose. Believe it.
- Focus on the here and now. Don’t ruminate over the past and don’t worry about the future. What matters is what are you doing to make yourself happy right this second.
- Celebrate all that you do. It may sound a little cheesy but make the most out of the victories in life. Did you do those 50 crunches like your said you would? Celebrate! Did you hold off on the extra glass of sangria during happy hour? Celebrate! Every positive step needs to be celebrated.
These steps to happiness is possible, but you must follow them with intention. Don’t give up if you can’t tell yourself you’re awesome without laughing, encourage yourself to keep going. So be… And be happy!
be&behappy is a group of wellness experts who have practiced years of Ayurvedic health. They provide the necessary tools and support to help you rediscover the happiness of the body, mind and soul.