Energy surrounds us every day. Energy can be found in people, by eating the right foods or by being around nature. As human beings, we want to feel that energy, to harness it and to truly feel energized. However, we need to be realistic — energy can’t be felt immediately but it can be found when you consciously take simple steps, that when taken daily, can lead you to find that energy from within.
- Sunlight Open the blinds and let it in. A healthy dose of Vitamin D helps reduce depression and build the immune system. Bonus points for natural light.
- Go Out Now, go out into the sunlight. Take a walk around the block, maybe two more times. Your first walk will get your heart rate up, just a little bit. As you walk, your body will stretch on its own and before you know it you’ll be smiling and finding new things on your third lap.
- Drink Green Tea Green tea is a reliable source of caffeine, helps increase your metabolism and helps reduce bad cholesterol.
- Have a snack As the day goes on, your body needs sustenance. Enjoy a handful of pistachios and almonds or chomp on a banana. These foods are rich in fiber and provides the right nutrients for long lasting energy.
- Catch Up With a Friend Send a friend a text message, call them or even better, meet up with them. Being around people helps reduce stress, leaves you feeling confident and loved. These feelings will surely help you feel more energetic.
- Play Some Music Spotify, Pandora and SoundCloud have tons of playlists like “feel good” or “happy day.” They’re all free sources for music, so hit play and turn up the volume.
- Meditate We’re sure you’re saying, wait, doesn’t meditating mean to sit still? In a sense, you’re right. However, meditating allows you to BE still. Start with five minutes a day, close your eyes and take deep breaths — in and out. This allows your mind to clear, and by meditating, your body will feel like you just woke up from an amazing nap.
You don’t need a ton of supplements and caffeine to feel energized. You don’t have to take an intense spin class or go for a five-mile run. Finding energy naturally is the best way to harness and keep it. Feeling more energized is possible, and the best part is, you don’t have to do them all at once. Any of these ways can help you feel more energized. We challenge you to try.
Special Offer: Join Be&behappy for its next Detox Challenge and save 50 percent with the code detox-happy-50 (valid until 10.31.2017). Click here for more details.
Be&behappy is a group of happiness mentors who have practiced years of Ayurvedic health. They provide the necessary tools and support to help you rediscover the happiness of the body, mind and soul.